Sunday, August 10, 2008

AHHHHH!!!!

Last night I had one in my house....Yeah, I Know!!!
I was the one who discovered it and I was totally freaked out to say the least. Apparently I seemed calmer than I felt. (Pretty interesting considering I am known to be a dramatic person)
Our friends Tammy and Jared Hancock were over and by the time Todd figured out what was going on Jared had it covered. Fortunately the snake slithered into my boy's bathroom which has a door that leads outside. Jared got the snake to retreat out the door and then killed him with a bat. (I knew Todd's baseball days at BYU would come in handy someday)
The crazy part is Jared picked up the dead snake with his bare hands before he put it in the garbage. Yikes!!
I think it will be a while before I feel comfortable enough to walk around my house with the lights off.

10 comments:

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I hope this isn't a stupid question... but what kind of snake is that?

Lisa said...

That is so CrAzY!!! What is up with that?

Letia said...

That is so gross! I would have been freaked out forever, it kinda destroys that peaceful safe feeling we are supposed to have INSIDE our homes. It sounds like you were very calm about it...impressive.

Amber said...

Not stupid. I have no idea; just a picture for the snake of the post. HA HA (I crack my self up)

I'm not sure what kind was in my house but it was big enough to creep me out! I am trying to figure out how it got in AND how long it was here?????

Unknown said...

"AHHHHHHH" is right! I would have been TOTALLY freaked! That is nuts! We have rattle snakes here so, I would be so freaked thinking it could be a rattler! In the 7 years we have lived here I have never seen a rattle snake, and hope I never do!

Newman Family said...

Holy CRAP!!! That freaked me out just looking at the snake. I don't know what I would do if I saw that thing in my house. I hate snakes!!!! Yikes!!
Meg

siri said...

i told amber she needs to post a warning for scary material because of the photo, and a disclaimer that HE is not the fellow she found - someone send this girl a new camera! it may have been half the size!! AND, for those of us that visit her nice home (i am respite for scottie), how about NOT including location of said reptile? how shall i ever use that restroom again without sending one of the boys in to open all the cabinets and shower curtain first??? and as for watching them in the EVENINGS? hmmm..... it may require some of my heart "continually drawn out in prayer" it is okay, love of the children will bring me back there. have faith amber, that when you come home with every light in the house on one night that it is just my welcoming nature. : )

siri said...

one tiny suggestion for us locals.... do not even GO THERE about how long he was there!

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

I had the SAME thing happen to me. I was cleaning up in the kids play area and picked up a blanket and there it was! A SNAKE! I FREAKED! The kids were down for naps but Ben was gone at school. I quickly got a bucket to trap it and then tried to get a hold of Ben. Finally I got our landlord to come over and take care of it, but when Ben finally got home I was in hysterics and sobbing! I walked around for shoes on for months. I still jump if Natali leaves a necklace or something dark on the floor. Anyway... I feel your pain :)

Kameron said...

Okay, and I thought our random scorpions were horrid!! NO WAY!!!! I would seriously freak out.